Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Sunday, July 22, 2012

"Rise and Shine" - GEAG Award


Rise and Shine won the Kerchner Memorial Award for the best transparent water color at the Gateway East Summer Art Exhibit this afternoon.  The competition was very stiff, and I'm appreciative for the recognition. You can see all the art featured in the exhibit by going to: http://geag.net/gateway/index.html.

 I'm not selling this painting - I'd like to decorate our next kitchen in these colors of yellow and blue like Monet's kitchen in Giverny.  Hopefully as we downsize there will be room to hang it! It is rather large....32" x 26".

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful, cheerful colors for a kitchen, Jerie. (The award was well-deserved!) I love this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Rebecca - I just hope I have a wall big enough for it - we will be downsizing the size of our home when we move.

    ReplyDelete