Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cabin Fever Flowers






With the thermometer pushing over 100 this week, cabin fever motivated me to  use the indoor time, and outdoor time on the deck in a wet bathing suit, to paint from flower photos I've taken.  Here is the finished hibiscus and large red poppies.  I'm pleased with how I kept the hibiscus fresh leaving the white of the paper to give the airy effect I wanted.  The poppies, on the other hand, turned out a little heavy.  I'll try them again, and make an effort to leave more of the white paper highlights.  It's going to be warm next week as well, so I'll keep the cabin fever series going!

No comments:

Post a Comment