Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cabin Fever Cone Flower



It's been over 100 degrees now for several days, and it's going to stay that way for a few more.  It's like reverse cabin fever!  There are many photos I've taken to use as paint studies, so Thursday night I pulled up these cone flowers on my computer and made the initial sketch. Sketching and painting from my computer screen is the next best thing to painting "plein air."    Friday I took a dip in the pool and sat on the deck and painted in my wet bathing suit - the only way you can stay outdoors in this weather. Normally I use American Journey watercolors from Cheap Joe's, but to get the pink I'm looking for, I'm using Opera - a very bright pink, from Holbein.  I'm also painting on Cheap Joe's 140 lb Kilimanjaro water color paper. I'm thinking of painting a series of some of my favorite florals.  We'll see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment