Roses and Flamingos

A day with Day Lilies!

 This week Began a new painting adventure. Day Lilies! Steve planted 100 of them along with 100 hostas two years ago to create a border alon...

Monday, July 8, 2024

A day with Day Lilies!

 This week Began a new painting adventure. Day Lilies! Steve planted 100 of them along with 100 hostas two years ago to create a border along our fence line.  So I painted a half sheet watercolor of his blooms, quite a variety.


Then yesterday I went with Nancy, my painting buddy, to a huge day lily farm to paint plein air. There are over 1300 varieties on acres of land - a bit of heaven.  It made me think of the masses of tulip fields we saw in the Netherlands in the 80’s. 

I painted in my travel journal and then a larger painting. It is a place we will go back to for painting inspiration.













No comments:

Post a Comment