Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cabin Fever Cone Flower

It's record breaking heat outside, 106 degrees, but inside it's nice and cool and after a nice afternoon nap I finished the cone flower painting.  I think it's done, take a few photos out on the deck, bring it inside, study it from a distance, add some touches, then take a few more photos.  After doing this several times, I do think it is finished.  At least I need to stop adding one more thing or I'll risk overworking it.   Also, the sun is going down and the colors in my photos are becoming more muted by the minute!




I'm on a roll.  I've decided to do a series of paintings from flower photos I've taken that I've saved to paint "later."  Later is now!  So I just sketched some hibiscus flowers from my flower photo file. I'm also trying to push the values, the colors and the techniques beyond my comfort zone.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment