Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tippecanoe County Courthouse

It's always nice to have an incentive to paint something.  The Indiana Lawyers Association is creating a collection of all of the county court houses in Indiana.  Our county decided to have the local artists paint the courthouse for a competition.  The winning piece will enter the collection, the other pieces will be auctioned for the benefit of CASA.

When I was creating the mural for Friendship House last year, I took several photos of the court house so I had material for studies for the painting.

It seemed like a natural thing to paint on the wonderful hand made paper from Twin Rocker that is only 10 miles up the road from Lafayette.  So Steve and I made a trip up there a couple of weeks ago to buy some full sheets of watercolor paper.  This week I started the sketch and today I decided was the day to begin painting.  This is where I am at this point.  Now I need to live with it for a few days making observations with a critical eye to see if the painting tells me it needs something more.

The deadline is a month away - plenty of time to be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment