Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Monday, March 4, 2013

Playing with Paint

This week I've been playing with paint on a couple of fun pieces.  The squiggly design is almost a zentangle. I say almost because a zentangle is supposed to be a contiguous line with no ending or beginning, kind of like a labyrinth.  Since this is my first, and I'm still learning, there are some stopping points, but I'm learning.  I created this one at my first Wabash Valley Watercolor Society meeting here in my new area in Lafayette, Indiana.  This is something to do again!

The 2nd piece is a fanciful colorful collage of skirts painted on different weights of watercolor paper.  The under paper is also filled with line drawings of skirts and lightly painted.  I wanted to get the feeling of too many skirts to be contained in the mat.  Fun.



Sometimes you just want to play with your medium and try something different! Here is a great web site demo of creating zentangles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-d2UdXAD7k

No comments:

Post a Comment