Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Friday, January 13, 2012

A Lamp, A Compass and a Map

Conceptual paintings are not my forte, but lately I've been thinking about a prayer from the Psalm 43.  The psalmist was asking for direction - and asked for a lamp, a compass and a map.  There are times in life when finding true north is not always evident.  So I decided to put my thoughts down in a painting just for myself.  I don't think it's quite finished, but here it is in process.  I'll sit with it here for a few days and listen to what it tells me it needs.  You would be surprised that a painting does know what it needs and has a way of letting you know.  Someone once said  "Paintings don’t really end, they just arrive at interesting places to stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment