Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Burr School

Now that we are moved into our new home and my studio is all set up, it was nice to have a painting project to try out painting in my new space.  My art table is right in front of a north window that gives great lighting and the room is very cozy.  My grand daughter's pre-school is having a Spring fundraiser so I decided to donate a painting.  It was her teacher's idea to paint the historical Chicago school building, Burr School that is home to the pre-school, and elementary classes as well.  I've always wanted to paint a school bus, this was my chance.  In the photos I took last week there was a nice yellow school bus waiting for the children as parents were beginning to pick up their children.  There had been a lot of snow a few days before, so I kept it a winter scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment