Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pastel Winter

Today was my 2nd class with Ron Burgess pastel artist.  I haven't finished with winter - I could still use a little longer enjoying the cold, wind and hoping for a little more snow.  So, I still felt I wanted to spend a bit more time painting winter.  This is from a photo I took along one of the back roads on a snowy day in Collinsville, a winter sunset.  It is a challenge trying to get used to this new medium.  Watercolors are so natural for me to get the effect I want.  Painting with pastels I'm all thumbs.  It's good to be reminded what it is like to be a learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment