Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pastel Painting Baby Steps

It's been several weeks since I've painted and posted.  The move is behind us, my studio is nearly set up so today I began a pastel class with my Mom at her senior residence.  A wonderful artist, Ron Burgess, comes twice a month to give pastel instruction and now that we're living here it will be fun to paint along side my mom.

I'm discovering that painting with pastels is the reverse of painting with watercolors.  You paint the darks first and then the lights layering the colors.  After painting this winter scene I decided I could get into this very easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment