Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Monday, May 21, 2012

Painting a Paris Scene

beginning of the painting
finished?

My inspiration shot


There are dozens of images in my mind, most captured with my camera, that I have yet to paint from the 2010 France art trip.  This is one of them.  It is one of those wonderful Paris park walkways, lined with benches and dappled with light from the sycamore trees.  This one happens to be next to the Paris Botanical Garden, the oldest in the world, that was absolutely breath taking that spring day in May 2010. I started it as a demo during the St. Charles Artwalk and just put the finishing touches on it.  I'll keep looking at it to see if it tells me something more is needed...that often happens after living with a painting sitting on my fireplace for a few days!
The Paris Botanical Garden
I can still hear the bees buzzing and smell the heady fragrance

3 comments:

  1. I have a feeling you will add SOMEthing - though I have no idea what... (I'm kind of expecting a little bit more "green"???) Can't wait to see. If I could, my walls would be COVERED with your paintings. You have such a light, cheerful and realistic way of interpreting some lovely views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right about the green....I did make myself stop before I overworked it yesterday. With fresh eyes, I'll come back in to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browsed through your Blog - your work is awesome. The Creator has certainly blessed you with a wonderful gift. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete