Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Friday, September 14, 2012

Getting back to porcelain painting



Porcelain painting is where art really began for me over 45 years ago.  This summer I  set aside my watercolor brushes for a few days and painted a porcelain vase for a wedding present and these mugs for my daughter. The fragrance of the essential oils of lavender and cloves in the painting medium bring me back to the days when porcelain painting, not watercolors, was my passion.  It was interesting to see how my watercolor painting has influenced my porcelain painting as well.  For years it's been the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment