Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Indiana Now! Exhibit

This painting was chosen to be a part of the Art Museum of Lafayette Indiana's exhibit "Indiana Now!"  The exhibit will be open until the end of August.  Over 500 paintings were submitted from all over Indiana with only 73 chosen.  It is a privilege that my "Winter Morning Star" watercolor was juried into the exhibit.

Originally, I took an early morning photo out of our patio doors during the winter vortex of 2014.  It was bitter cold.  When I opened the patio door, as I do each morning, to check on the weather and the view, the morning moon was hanging just under the morning star (Venus) with the orange cast of the lamplight on the houses behind ours.

This was painted on 200 pound paper and when salt was added to the bottom dark wash of paint, this cloudy cold frost appeared.  It makes me think of the solitary feeling I get when I look at Edward Hopper's "Night Hawks."



No comments:

Post a Comment