Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Crossing the Chicken Line

Since coming back from France I wanted to paint these French chickens.  They were in one of the hamlets we visited and painted on our trip.  These chickens roost in holes in the ground.  Haven't seen this before.  I'm getting ready for an art exhibit entitled "Crossing the Chicken Line" with a group of artists of faith named "Called to Create."

One evening we discussed what crossing the chicken line meant to each of us.  We all had something in mind that we were hesitant to do, a chicken line to cross.  That evening I shared that planning a second art trip to France was a dream, but with several reservations. These
friends listened to my reservations, asked questions, prayed and encouraged me to move ahead.  I did and the trip happened last June.





So this painting is a wink in the direction of crossing that chicken line to realize a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment