Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Dahlia Mania!

 The Dahlias just keep on blooming and I keep on painting. This is the second large one painted on 200 pound watercolor paper.  These heavy papers respond differently from the 140 pound paper I normally use.  They are all good.







There are many varieties of dahlias that just ask to be painted.  This one is called "Catsup and Mustard."  Which I call "The Condiments!"



 I will be teaching a watercolor class on painting dahlias next week so I have been experimenting with different techniques on postcard size paper.  Good practice!









No comments:

Post a Comment