Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Covid 19, Coping, Creativity

Well much has happened in recent weeks that has changed life as we know it, life as we are accustomed to living.  Preventing the spread of the virus is priority as we practice social distancing.

All this staying at home makes painting a wonderful way to spend our days.

Just before social distancing, I went to a friend's home to paint for two days.  She shared with me a technique she learned in a workshop about how to paint crystal.  I'm so glad we were able to do this - because a day later, we entered the twilight zone of "social distancing." 

Here is the process - step by step:

Here is my painting

Here is my friend, Nancy Hathaway's painting


Since then, I have continued to paint crystal to work on the technique.



During these days when there is so much negative, alarming news, it is my mainstay to trust in God's love and His power.  Psalm 46 is something I read every day - "God is our Refuge and Strength."  Ultimately, beyond social distancing and hygiene practices, God is my refuge and His message is always - "Fear not!"

No comments:

Post a Comment