Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Christmas Past

It has been awhile since I posted paintings.  Before Christmas, I did have a one day class painting poinsettias.  I created a collage of previous poinsettias, as well as a new collage layered with colored tissue paper with watercolor painting on the surface.  It was a challenge to force myself to layer colored tissue in an abstract fashion in order to create the illusion of poinsettias.  I went through a stage of wondering if anything of beauty would emerge, but stuck with it to see something I'm quite happy with emerge.
White and Red Poinsettias



Collage of Previous Poinsettias

Colored Tissue Collage and Watercolor

 I never get tired of painting these beautiful plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment