Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sunflower Obsession!

These past few weeks I've been inspired and obsessed with sunflowers!  It all began when a friend planted some sunflower seeds in the community garden where she lives.  Watching them bloom and bloom and bloom has been an absolute joy.  I've picked them and painted them.  I've stood facing them, towering above me and held on to my watercolor paper blowing in the wind trying to sketch them.  I had our watercolor class, including the gardener who planted them, paint them.  I may not have them out of my system yet - but here are two, nearly completed paintings.  I say "nearly" because I do have to live them for a few days to see if they tell me they need tweaking!
Full sheet Fabriano 200 lb paper

9 x 12" Arches 140 lb paper

No comments:

Post a Comment