Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Monday, September 4, 2017

Painting from the Late Summer Garden

It's been a full summer, France in June, (with travel sketches yet to post), the 3rd annual Mimi and Papi Summer Camp with our 4 grands, this year at Salisbury Beach in a Ocean Cottage (no time to paint with four grands!) and now ankle surgery with a leg in a cast.

The night before surgery I could not let the moment pass to paint the giant sunflower blossoms that were laying on the ground from the wind.  Such giant beauties - they always give me a surge of joy just looking at them! It was a great way to prepare for surgery.  I won't be strolling in the garden for awhile, so I'm glad I took the time.

Here is the process from photo to finished painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment