Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Thursday, July 24, 2014

There is Sunshine in my Soul Today!

Oh those delightful sunflowers!  I've painted them in watercolor, on a textured board for the backsplash in my kitchen and now on silk.  I've had silk paints that I brought back from France 20 years ago.  Yesterday I got the box out of the garage that held all of the silk painting supplies.  I read my French tutorial booklet and watched videos on YouTube and then launched into the project.  It's not perfect - but I'm happy with how it is turning out.  I also want to continue painting on silk - it is such fun!






3 comments:

  1. Those are extraordinary & so unusual! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize I do have a theme going here these past months with sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's an exquisite theme...Will let you know about Tavys' preference on the two pics you sent me. Would love to learn more about the silk painting & maybe do a lesson or two while you guys are here if you think you can teach me anything? Let me know about the need for a car asap as I can probably work something out with one of our vehicles if it would be helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete