Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Monday, December 9, 2013

Still Life Commission

I just finished this commissioned painting for friends that will hang in their dining room.   They have lovely accents of red and green in their decor so the challenge was to create something they could live with and enjoy for years to come.  The fall hydrangeas are from their garden, with touches of green from Indiana Osage oranges (or hedge apples) and purple asters.  I chose pomegranates for the touch of red because they are in the market now and compliment the green.  Apples would have worked as well, but pommegrantes are a fun fruit to paint and just a bit out of the ordinary.

It is painted on a full sheet of  Bockingford watercolor paper with a limited palette of  American Journey paints from Cheap Joe's.

1 comment:

  1. Jerie: As I progress in my desire to create beautiful watercolors, I'm always struck by the pure beauty of your watercolors. You are my inspiration. Nancy from Alton, Illinois

    ReplyDelete