Roses and Flamingos

A Flamboyance of Flamingos!

 Flamingos are just so exciting to paint! They exude attitude with all of their poses that as an artist makes them appealing. It began at th...

Monday, July 15, 2013

Celery Bog Plein Air Paint Out

Why don't I do this more often? Schedule my own paint outs?  I'm just glad that the Wabash Valley Watercolor Society organized this event on Saturday at the Celery Bog Nature Center in West Lafayette.  It was a beautiful morning with many places to set up and capture the moment.  These two scenes were painted from a deck at the end of a nature trail overlooking the bog.  The woods are FULL of poison ivy, and even though I made an effort to stay on the trail, I do think I'm incubating a couple of patches....

This nature center is only about 1 mile from my house - I need to make this paint escape again. I also started a painting of the wild flowers that I'm still touching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment